Whether you're new to the sport of running or are a regular marathon competitor, the idea of hiring a certified running coach may seem like an extravagant expense. After all, we learn how to run as children – what more can a coach offer? Let us tell you.
A certified running coach does much more than just help you run. She helps you learn how to train smarter, so you can get the most out of each and every workout and achieve your running goals faster. Your time and energy are valuable and a running coach recognizes that. A training plan is personally designed, so that every run gets you one step closer to your goal.
What To Expect:
When selecting the right coach for your lifestyle, here are some things to consider. First, you need to be committed to the program. Next, set some SMART goals to determine what you ultimately want to accomplish? What is your running history? How much time do you want to or are you able to devote to training? What's your skill level-beginner, intermediate, advanced? Do you cross-train? If so, what does that look like? Are you coming off of an injury? Any health risks? These are questions that a running coach will ask when developing a personalized training plan that fills in any gaps in your current training.
Once your plan has been developed, your coach will work closely with you to determine correct form, cadence, pace, warm-ups, stretches, distance or interval runs, and strength and conditioning. Your ongoing training will look very different depending on what your goals are because your plan from Boost 180 Fitness is designed specifically for you. Whatever your training includes, your coach will be right by your side to help you achieve your goals.
Your Boost 180 Running Coach will walk you through the following process when you begin one-on-one running coaching.
- Initial Consultation – Our running expert will evaluate your current training, any challenges you may be facing, and the goals you hope to achieve by working with a personal trainer for running. From there, your coach will be able to build a training plan that takes into account any injuries or physical challenges you're struggling with to help you start running, improve your times, or any other running and fitness goals you have.
- Ongoing Evaluation – We recommend committing to a minimum of a three-month training plan so that our personal trainer for running can evaluate the way your body responds to specialized training. Regular meetings with your running coach help ensure that you're performing exercises safely and effectively, allowing you to get the most from your program.
- Analysis and Adjustments – Working closely with a personal trainer for running means that as your body changes through ongoing training or other major life events, your training plan can be modified. This is a vital element in the training process to ensure that your training remains effective and beneficial.
Is A Running Coach Right For You?
Making the decision to invest in a personal trainer for running depends on a variety of factors, including time, goals, and budget. Anyone interested in bettering themselves physically and mentally can benefit from a trainer, but some specific scenarios lend themselves to the need for a personal trainer for running. You may want to hire a running coach if:
- you want to change up your workouts to include running
- you want to lose some extra pounds
- you always wanted to learn
- you're training for your first race (5K, 10K, half or full-marathon, ultramarathons, etc.)
- you want to train smarter for an upcoming race
- you want to PR or qualify for another race
- you've hit a plateau and need help breaking out
- you're a runner suffering from chronic injury or pain
- you have a specific running goal you want to reach
These certainly aren't the only scenarios that may benefit from running coach, but if any of these sound like you – Boost 180 Fitness may be the answer.
Contact us today to schedule your initial consultation with our expert running coach or browse our other training program options below.
We recommend committing to a minimum of three months of personal training programs to start seeing results. We encourage open communication with your trainer to ensure the best possible training experience.
Training sessions are booked in advance and require a 24-hour notice of cancellation without penalty. Late cancellations and no-shows will be charged for the entire duration of the scheduled training session.